Definition of perfectionist in English:
A person who refuses to accept any standard short of perfection: he was a perfectionist who worked slowly
More example sentences
- Self-acceptance, an acceptance of one's imperfections and weaknesses, is very difficult for perfectionists.
- In contrast, adaptive perfectionists strive only to reach their own goals, not the goals set for them by other people.
- Professionally, she is a perfectionist who demands high standards from her work.
adjectiveBack to top
Refusing to accept any standard short of perfection.
- With the help of his friends, he turns to Rita Harrison, a corporate workaholic perfectionist lawyer.
- Nothing much changes here thankfully - the perfectionist standards remain.
- They believe the world is filled with incompetents, with only a few folks who approach their own perfectionist standards.
- Example sentences
- And when he was telling me we were all too perfectionistic and still too grade-conscious, I said, ‘But Sir, our grades do come out on the transcript… and low marks look terrible, you know.’
- It's far too perfectionistic too: of course, no one can become completely balanced in the center and dish out criticism in precisely balanced portions.
- Well-organized, orderly, and fastidious, they try to maintain high standards, but can slip into being critical and perfectionistic.