Definition of perfectionist in English:
A person who refuses to accept any standard short of perfection: he was a perfectionist who worked slowly
More example sentences
- Self-acceptance, an acceptance of one's imperfections and weaknesses, is very difficult for perfectionists.
- In contrast, adaptive perfectionists strive only to reach their own goals, not the goals set for them by other people.
- Professionally, she is a perfectionist who demands high standards from her work.
adjectiveBack to top
Refusing to accept any standard short of perfection.
- With the help of his friends, he turns to Rita Harrison, a corporate workaholic perfectionist lawyer.
- Nothing much changes here thankfully - the perfectionist standards remain.
- They believe the world is filled with incompetents, with only a few folks who approach their own perfectionist standards.
- Example sentences
- And when he was telling me we were all too perfectionistic and still too grade-conscious, I said, ‘But Sir, our grades do come out on the transcript… and low marks look terrible, you know.’
- It's far too perfectionistic too: of course, no one can become completely balanced in the center and dish out criticism in precisely balanced portions.
- Well-organized, orderly, and fastidious, they try to maintain high standards, but can slip into being critical and perfectionistic.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India