noun (plural perfumeries)[mass noun]
- 1The action or business of producing or selling perfumes: an oil used in perfumeryMore example sentences
- The restaurant and perfumery industries desire essential oils that have a standardized aroma or flavor.
- Distillation of rose flowers for liberating oil, a technology unknown anywhere in the world so far, was welcomed by the new industries of perfumery and cosmetics that were flourishing in Western and Central Europe at that time.
- Citral, extracted from lemon grass, has great demand in perfumery and food industry as well as in vitamin-A production.
- 1.1 [count noun] A shop that sells perfumes: a department store perfumeryMore example sentences
- The goods were sold only in perfumeries and cosmetic departments of stores, not in pharmacies.
- Now Western women are flocking to perfumeries and department stores looking for the same shea butter to smooth wrinkles, soften heels and moisturise hair.
- It restores a classic French tradition allowing modern perfumeries to offer the associated benefits of avant-garde luxury, respect for environment and a very personalised service.
More definitions of perfumeryDefinition of perfumery in:
- The US English dictionary