Definition of perfuse in English:
- Segments were perfused with filtered water which was not acidified.
- When the Reformers rediscovered the Bible, they rediscovered a two-tier Holy Land: a real, dusty place and, lying over it and perfusing it, an even more real spiritual land.
- The community was perfused with creative release, a celebration enfusing Brit Pop, Cool Britannia and renewed exploration of the human spirit.
- This effect is generally not accepted to be an improvement in the diseased segment of blood vessel, but the formation of collateral vessels perfusing the ischaemic tissue.
- Heart failure is the deterioration of the heart's ability to pump blood throughout the body and adequately perfuse the major organs.
- The pressure required to traverse an arterial stenosis and perfuse the distal tissues of the foot may not be met.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'cause to flow through or away'): from Latin perfus- 'poured through', from the verb perfundere, from per- 'through' + fundere 'pour'.
- Example sentences
- The perfusions were useful - otherwise how could I play 70 matches a year?
- In both protocols, however, average perfusions associated with each cycle pattern were greater than baseline because the pressure-relief hyperemia more than compensated for the flow deficits during the heel loading phases.
- Experiments ranged from small-scale core perfusions with defined compounds (glucose, bovine serum albumin) to mesocosms receiving natural leaf leachate or water from different streams.
- Example sentences
- He said perfusionists, who work alongside theatre staff and are in charge of the patient's blood circulation, were given an extra £10,000 a year after several threatened to quit.
- He was a perfusionist, that is, the medical technician who operates the heart-lung machine during open-heart surgery.
- As one of the perfusionists reported, ‘The surgeon empowered the team.’
Words that rhyme with perfuseabuse, accuse, adieux, amuse, bemuse, billets-doux, blues, booze, bruise, choose, Clews, confuse, contuse, cruise, cruse, Cruz, diffuse, do's, Druze, effuse, enthuse, excuse, fuse (US fuze), Hughes, incuse, interfuse, lose, Mahfouz, mews, misuse, muse, news, ooze, Ouse, peruse, rhythm-and-blues, ruse, schmooze, snooze, suffuse, Toulouse, transfuse, trews, use, Vaduz, Veracruz, who's, whose, youse
Definition of perfuse in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.