- An item worn as a charm or amulet.More example sentences
- And do not let my wizard's robes and periapts deceive you!
- His dreams were of wars vast and terrible, with great weapons and periapts of power.
- I desire to see the One who could so blacken those men's souls, for I can conceive of no more apt intent than that which contrived to abduct my Queen and the periapt that articulates the Will and the Soul of my people.
late 16th century: from French périapte, from Greek periapton, from peri 'around' + haptein 'fasten'.
More definitions of periaptDefinition of periapt in:
- The US English dictionary