noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the pericardium.More example sentences
- Carditis associated with rheumatic fever manifests as pericarditis, myocarditis, and most commonly, endocarditis.
- These complications include pleural infection or empyema, meningitis, purulent pericarditis, or endocarditis.
- The addition of corticosteroids is recommended for patients with tuberculous pericarditis and tuberculous meningitis.
More definitions of pericarditisDefinition of pericarditis in:
- The US English dictionary