- The connective tissue that envelops cartilage where it is not at a joint.More example sentences
- Using the chisel elevator, the surgeon elevates the inner perichondrium from the underlying cartilage in all directions.
- A septal hematoma is a blood-filled cavity between the cartilage and the supporting perichondrium.
- There was no apparent relationship with the cricoid perichondrium.
mid 18th century: modern Latin, from peri- 'around' + Greek khondros 'cartilage'.
More definitions of perichondriumDefinition of perichondrium in:
- The US English dictionary