Relating to the time, usually a number of weeks, immediately before and after birth.
More example sentences
- They were transferred to our neonatal intensive care unit with a presumptive diagnosis of perinatal asphyxia.
- Preterm birth is a major challenge in perinatal health care.
- Studies have shown that perinatal and paediatric autopsies are performed best by perinatal and paediatric pathologists.
- More example sentences
- Because newborns have an immature immune system, 90 percent of infants infected perinatally progress to chronic infection.
- In Asia, most persons are infected perinatally and are usually asymptomatic, but remain chronically infected.
- Despite these barriers, the number of infants who were perinatally exposed to HIV whose mothers were screened during pregnancy for HIV increased from 70 to 94 percent from 1992 to 1997.