- An object or work that is set in or reminiscent of an earlier historical period: these novels are period pieces with roots in historical romance the room is furnished with period piecesMore example sentences
- Visitors are also treated to a two-floor museum containing original and period pieces and over 10,000 historic objects.
- Mostly short, the essays range from period pieces to recent history writing, from the dry to the witty, and from overviews to precise accounts.
- If you enjoy historical or period pieces, then this is definitely something you would enjoy.
More definitions of period pieceDefinition of period piece in:
- The US English dictionary