Definition of periodic in English:
1Appearing or occurring at intervals: the periodic visits she made to her father
More example sentences
- Despite this, he has continued to appear regularly at our periodic family gatherings, and is considered a family member in good standing.
- Each recommended practice is reviewed and revised as appropriate at regular periodic intervals.
- At periodic intervals, the iron bars at the mouth of narrow roads, put up to prevent the entry of heavy vehicles, are knocked down by lorries, due to reckless driving.
2 Chemistry Relating to the periodic table of the elements.
- The steadily increasing weights gave Mendeleyev, Meyer, and others a kind of index by which to order the elements and reveal their periodic behaviour.
- The study of oscillating reactions is the study of periodic changes in chemical reactions.
- The first rough draft of the periodic elements signaled not the end but the beginning of chemistry.
Words that rhyme with periodicaperiodic, episodic, geodic, melodic, methodic, monodic, parodic, prosodic, psalmodic, rhapsodic, Roddick, spasmodic, threnodic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan