- A table of the chemical elements arranged in order of atomic number, usually in rows, so that elements with similar atomic structure (and hence similar chemical properties) appear in vertical columns.More example sentences
- This weight is the number assigned to each of the chemical elements in the periodic table.
- Going down a column on the periodic table the atomic numbers differ by eight between rows one and two and two and three.
- When you move down the periodic table, as the atomic numbers increase, the elements become rarer.
More definitions of periodic tableDefinition of periodic table in:
- The US English dictionary