adjectiveBritish • informal
- 1 • dated Used for emphasis or to express annoyance: I could murder that perishing kid! [as submodifier]: you’ve been a perishing long time with that coffee!More example sentences
- Even so… I winced, heavily, at the bottom line price of the perishing things.
- 2 [predic.] Extremely cold: it’s perishing in the tentMore example sentences
- Being so close to the Pacific means that the weather can be dicey: perishing cold, low cloud and sudden thaws on the lower slopes.
- And as well as it being perishing there was fierce wind and rain.
- Construction was difficult and carried on throughout the perishing winters as well.
More definitions of perishingDefinition of perishing in:
- The US English dictionary