Definition of permanence in English:
The state or quality of lasting or remaining unchanged indefinitely: the clarity and permanence of the dyes
More example sentences
- An entryway of brick steps adds warmth and character and helps to project a sense of quality and permanence.
- All of this is characterized by redundant aspects of stability, permanence and continuity.
- Other Italians admired the quality of permanence which printing gave to literature in general.
stability, durability, persistence, permanency, fixity, fixedness, changelessness, immutability, endurance, dependability, constancy, continuance, continuity, immortality, indestructibility, perpetuity, endlessness
rare lastingness, everlastingness, eternalness, eternality, perdurability, perenniality, imperishability, inalterability, unchangeableness, unchangeability
- Example sentences
- They have stability and permanency and support.
- The Society's plan of care provides permanency and stability, while recognizing the individual needs of each child.
- And I've always been fascinated by the sheer permanency of sculpture.
Words that rhyme with permanenceimpermanence
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia