- (Of organic material) fossilized through the precipitation of dissolved minerals in the interstices of hard tissue.More example sentences
- Coal balls are concretions of permineralized peat formed in place.
- Large trunks of permineralized wood attest to the latter at least.
- He would also have become aware that not all dinosaur bones are permineralized.
- More example sentences
- An empirical permineralization model was developed for the setting of a normal peat deposit overlain by a thick terrestrial shale deposited by a nearby river.
- If it turns out that the tissue has been preserved by permineralization, then this is further evidence that permineralization does not take long time periods.
- The bones are stained a dark red brown but otherwise display little permineralization, crushing, or distortion.