- A deficiency in the production of red blood cells through a lack of vitamin B12.More example sentences
- Diseases such as anaemia due to iron deficiency, pernicious anaemia, and leukaemia are diagnosed in this way.
- The classic disorder of malabsorption is pernicious anemia, an autoimmune disease that affects the gastric parietal cells.
- With pernicious anemia, the lack of intrinsic factor results from destruction of the gastric parietal cells by autoimmune antibodies.
More definitions of pernicious anaemiaDefinition of pernicious anaemia in:
- The US English dictionary