Definition of peroxisome in English:
A small organelle present in the cytoplasm of many cells, which contains the reducing enzyme catalase and usually some oxidases.
- The contributing enzymes are localized in three different organelles, chloroplasts, peroxisomes, and mitochondria.
- These receptors were originally discovered as proteins activated by agents that stimulate proliferation of peroxisomes in rat liver.
- We need to know more about the other enzymes in the lantern peroxisomes.
- Example sentences
- Catalase, a well-known peroxisomal marker enzyme, was also included in this work.
- This family includes receptors for steroid hormones, thyroid hormones, hormonal forms of vitamin A and D, and peroxisomal activators.
- The other two proteins identified, Fox2 and Ams1, are peroxisomal and vacuolar enzymes, respectively.
Definition of peroxisome in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia