Completely baffling; very puzzling: a perplexing problem
More example sentences
- Others may present some of the most perplexing problems imaginable.
- The purpose of the following discussion is to explore some of the perplexing aspects of contemporary monetary analysis.
- Instead, we are confronted with definitive declarations, even regarding the most perplexing of texts.
- Example sentences
- Most perplexingly, how has this blinding intolerance become so ‘normal’ that such questions are not even asked?
- But then, perplexingly the great animals died off.
- In practice, the biographer has to choose not between lively and dull, but more subtly and perplexingly, between candid and glib.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: per¦plex|ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.