- A hazardous organic chemical compound that is resistant to biodegradation and thus remains in the environment for a long period of time.More example sentences
- What the bill actually does is prohibit the import, manufacture, or use of persistent organic pollutants.
- Unfortunately, being top of the food chain, many have high concentrations of persistent organic pollutants in their bodies.
- Clearly, they include the actual definition of a persistent organic pollutant, in clause 4.
More definitions of persistent organic pollutantDefinition of persistent organic pollutant in:
- The US English dictionary