adjective & adverb
- 1Taking place directly between individuals: [as adjective]: person-to-person transmission of the disease [as adverb]: making contact with him person to personMore example sentences
- Transmission is through person-to-person contact by direct, even brief, head-to-head contact.
- In person-to-person auctions, individual sellers or small businesses offer their items for auction directly to consumers.
- So, in other words, it's probably not a person-to-person transmission.
- 1.1(In the US) denoting a phone call booked through the operator to a specified person.More example sentences
- Combining voice services with broadband gives operators the opportunity to expand their offerings of person-to-person communications.
- Crisis managers who need immediate, person-to-person communications are likely to reach for a telephone or a short-wave radio.
- A UCS offers the typical services of a UMS, while adding the capability of person-to-person communication through dynamic call redirection and forwarding.
More definitions of person-to-personDefinition of person-to-person in:
- The US English dictionary