Definition of persona in English:
noun (plural personas or personae /-niː/)
1The aspect of someone’s character that is presented to or perceived by others: her public persona In psychology, often contrasted with anima.
More example sentences
- The public personas of some writers cut a wide swath through the publishing world.
- Some commenters find this problematic, pointing out that people present different personas to different people, depending on the situation.
- It was only after several years of painting celebs that I thought I could paint regular people whose personas weren't public and well-known.
1.1A role or character adopted by an author or an actor.
- The writing is crisp, making the characters realistic personas despite their larger-than-life roles.
- First is their ability to adopt different personas.
- In all six films he adopts six different personas, which is something he enjoys about the character.
early 20th century: Latin, literally 'mask, character played by an actor'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan