noun[mass noun] Law
- All of someone’s property except land and those interests in land that pass to their heirs. Compare with real property.More example sentences
- Real property and personal property may have different rules applied to them.
- Apart from pledge, English law divides security over personal property into mortgages and charges.
- The ownership of land, as opposed to personal property, is subject to particular rules.
More definitions of personal propertyDefinition of personal property in:
- The US English dictionary