- 1People employed in an organization or engaged in an organized undertaking such as military service: many of the personnel involved require training sales personnelMore example sentences
- Bonuses require military personnel to make a commitment to serve for a specified time.
- There is also the phenomenon of US military personnel posting their own personal blogs.
- There are little villages set up in the training area, and military personnel are tasked to play civilians.
- 1.1 short for personnel department.More example sentences
- For some organizations, the management of personnel can be seen as just one other asset to be managed.
- She was transferred to the personnel and administrative department but given no work.
- The ministry used to have only a few units, such as personnel and resources offices.
early 19th century: from French (adjective used as a noun), contrasted with matériel 'equipment or materials used in an organization or undertaking'.