Definition of personnel in English:
1People employed in an organization or engaged in an organized undertaking such as military service: many of the personnel involved require training sales personnel
More example sentences
- Bonuses require military personnel to make a commitment to serve for a specified time.
- There is also the phenomenon of US military personnel posting their own personal blogs.
- There are little villages set up in the training area, and military personnel are tasked to play civilians.
1.1 short for personnel department.
- For some organizations, the management of personnel can be seen as just one other asset to be managed.
- She was transferred to the personnel and administrative department but given no work.
- The ministry used to have only a few units, such as personnel and resources offices.
Early 19th century: from French (adjective used as a noun), contrasted with matériel 'equipment or materials used in an organization or undertaking'.
Words that rhyme with personnelAdele, Aix-la-Chapelle, aquarelle, artel, au naturel, bagatelle, béchamel, befell, bell, belle, boatel, Brunel, Cadell, carousel, cartel, cell, Chanel, chanterelle, clientele, Clonmel, compel, Cornell, crime passionnel, dell, demoiselle, dispel, dwell, el, ell, Estelle, excel, expel, farewell, fell, Fidel, fontanelle, foretell, Gabrielle, gazelle, gel, Giselle, hell, hotel, impel, knell, lapel, mademoiselle, maître d'hôtel, Manuel, marcel, matériel, mesdemoiselles, Michel, Michelle, Miguel, misspell, morel, moschatel, Moselle, motel, muscatel, nacelle, Nell, Nobel, Noel, organelle, outsell, Parnell, pell-mell, propel, quell, quenelle, rappel, Raquel, Ravel, rebel, repel, Rochelle, Sahel, sardelle, sell, shell, show-and-tell, smell, Snell, spell, spinel, swell, tell, undersell, vielle, villanelle, well, yell
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan