- 1The process of sweating: exercise causes perspiration and a speeded-up heartbeatMore example sentences
- Well, again, there is just as much luck as there is inspiration and perspiration in the process.
- Exercise cranks up perspiration, leading to prime conditions for a zit reaction.
- The team has created a number of sensors that can monitor voice tone, facial expressions, perspiration and heart beat.
- 1.1Sweat: perspiration ran down his foreheadMore example sentences
- The simple fine powder does not disappear when perspiration or moisture contact it.
- Could he go up to the emperor's personal advisor like this, covered in blood and perspiration?
- I suppose it was just perspiration - but it kind of seemed like spittle.
early 17th century: from French, from perspirer (see perspire).