Definition of persuader in English:
1A person who persuades someone to do something: his deep understanding of the issues made him a powerful persuader professional persuaders
More example sentences
- Whether the professional persuaders were successful, or whether most doctors are lukewarm on the issue, we don't know.
- Instead of using their powerful voice inside the system as persuaders for change, they were choosing exit.
- With tactics such as definition, cultural persuaders create knowledge and effectuate control over that which they describe.
1.1 informal A gun or other weapon used to compel submission or obedience.
- Well, a gun can be used as a persuader whether it is actually fired or not.
- A more concentrated effort is required here, as intimidation is not an effective persuader on these people.
- It was an ancient practice to break a prisoner and force them to spill any knowledge they might have, starvation was a very powerful persuader.
Definition of persuader in:
- US English dictionary