1A person who persuades someone to do something: his deep understanding of the issues made him a powerful persuader professional persuaders
More example sentences
- Whether the professional persuaders were successful, or whether most doctors are lukewarm on the issue, we don't know.
- Instead of using their powerful voice inside the system as persuaders for change, they were choosing exit.
- With tactics such as definition, cultural persuaders create knowledge and effectuate control over that which they describe.
1.1 informal A gun or other weapon used to compel submission or obedience.
- Well, a gun can be used as a persuader whether it is actually fired or not.
- A more concentrated effort is required here, as intimidation is not an effective persuader on these people.
- It was an ancient practice to break a prisoner and force them to spill any knowledge they might have, starvation was a very powerful persuader.
Words that rhyme with persuaderabrader, Ada, blockader, crusader, dissuader, evader, fader, grader, Grenada, invader, masquerader, Nader, parader, raider, Rigveda, Seder, serenader, trader, upgrader, Veda, wader
Definition of persuader in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.