- Instead of sounding forceful and persuasive, he often sounds tinny and annoyed.
- They believe that praising the world's most powerful men is more persuasive than criticising them.
- Good writing is therefore very much to do with developing your style so that it is persuasive and convincing.
- Example sentences
- Her avoidance of traditionalist rhetoric and assumptions strengthens her persuasiveness, but there is room for ingenuity.
- He has a mild, retiring manner but he speaks with great clarity and persuasiveness.
- Research shows that three characteristics are related to persuasiveness: perceived authority, honesty, and likeability.
Late 15th century: from French persuasif, -ive or medieval Latin persuasivus, from persuas- 'convinced by reasoning', from the verb persuadere (see persuade).
Words that rhyme with persuasiveabrasive, evasive, invasive, pervasive
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: per|sua¦sive
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.