- medical term for whooping cough.More example sentences
- It provides immunity to polio, as well as diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis and Hib.
- Many children succumb to diarrhea, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, measles and malnutrition.
- Possible reactions to immunisation against diphtheria and tetanus and pertussis include fever, vomiting, and listlessness.
late 18th century: modern Latin, from per- 'away, extremely' + Latin tussis 'a cough'.
More definitions of pertussisDefinition of pertussis in:
- The US English dictionary