Definition of peruse in English:
verb[with object] formal
1Read (something), typically in a thorough or careful way: he has spent countless hours in libraries perusing art history books and catalogues I perused several online reviews
More example sentences
- By now, having thoroughly perused the menu, it was obvious that Haus Munchen was priced very moderately.
- You can navigate by country, topic or forum and read expert advice or peruse articles.
- The Tribunal perused the original and read the copies that were made for its use.
- Example sentences
- But Michelle is no stranger to regular perusers of the pages of Britain's red-tops.
- Adrian was one of the first people to ever read this blog and has been a consistent peruser for over a year now.
- Year upon year, it was voted best new buy and best used buy by an adoring public and perusers of glossy magazines.