Definition of peruse in English:
verb[with object] formal
1Read (something), typically in a thorough or careful way: he has spent countless hours in libraries perusing art history books and catalogues I perused several online reviews
More example sentences
- By now, having thoroughly perused the menu, it was obvious that Haus Munchen was priced very moderately.
- You can navigate by country, topic or forum and read expert advice or peruse articles.
- The Tribunal perused the original and read the copies that were made for its use.
- Example sentences
- But Michelle is no stranger to regular perusers of the pages of Britain's red-tops.
- Adrian was one of the first people to ever read this blog and has been a consistent peruser for over a year now.
- Year upon year, it was voted best new buy and best used buy by an adoring public and perusers of glossy magazines.
Words that rhyme with peruseabuse, accuse, adieux, amuse, bemuse, billets-doux, blues, booze, bruise, choose, Clews, confuse, contuse, cruise, cruse, Cruz, diffuse, do's, Druze, effuse, enthuse, excuse, fuse (US fuze), Hughes, incuse, interfuse, lose, Mahfouz, mews, misuse, muse, news, ooze, Ouse, perfuse, rhythm-and-blues, ruse, schmooze, snooze, suffuse, Toulouse, transfuse, trews, use, Vaduz, Veracruz, who's, whose, youse
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan