Definition of pesticide in English:
A substance used for destroying insects or other organisms harmful to cultivated plants or to animals.
- Once volatilized, a pesticide can move in air currents away from the treated surface.
- High prices are charged for manure, pesticides and other items needed by farmers.
- Do not pour pesticides or herbicides down sinks, drains or toilets.
- Example sentences
- Oils containing naphthene are less pesticidal and more likely to injure plants than paraffinic types.
- A single pesticidal product rarely gives the most effective and economical control.
- Such cover crops also include companion plants and others which are known to have pesticidal properties such as, for example, mustard and oats which suppress nematodes.
Definition of pesticide in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan