Definition of pesticide in English:
A substance used for destroying insects or other organisms harmful to cultivated plants or to animals.
- Once volatilized, a pesticide can move in air currents away from the treated surface.
- High prices are charged for manure, pesticides and other items needed by farmers.
- Do not pour pesticides or herbicides down sinks, drains or toilets.
- Example sentences
- Oils containing naphthene are less pesticidal and more likely to injure plants than paraffinic types.
- A single pesticidal product rarely gives the most effective and economical control.
- Such cover crops also include companion plants and others which are known to have pesticidal properties such as, for example, mustard and oats which suppress nematodes.
Definition of pesticide in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.