- A substance used for destroying insects or other organisms harmful to cultivated plants or to animals.More example sentences
- Once volatilized, a pesticide can move in air currents away from the treated surface.
- High prices are charged for manure, pesticides and other items needed by farmers.
- Do not pour pesticides or herbicides down sinks, drains or toilets.
- More example sentences
- Oils containing naphthene are less pesticidal and more likely to injure plants than paraffinic types.
- A single pesticidal product rarely gives the most effective and economical control.
- Such cover crops also include companion plants and others which are known to have pesticidal properties such as, for example, mustard and oats which suppress nematodes.
More definitions of pesticideDefinition of pesticide in:
- The US English dictionary