- 1A hat with a low crown and broad brim, worn in ancient Greece.More example sentences
- Due to a condition I have with my eyes, I have to wear a wide brimmed hat at all times. For this reason, I went in search for an accurate straw petasus hat that I could wear while doing Roman events.
- 1.1 Greek Mythology A winged petasus worn by Hermes.More example sentences
- Hermes, with the petasus on his head, in a threatening attitude and with clenched fists, seems animated by a violent passion of anger or concupiscence.
via Latin from Greek petasos.
More definitions of petasusDefinition of petasus in:
- The US English dictionary