- A corded tape used in dressmaking and millinery for stiffening.More example sentences
- Finishing options are available to make stiff petersham tape for use in skirt waistbands or soft where the grosgrain is used as a garment trimming.
- Petersham ribbon can also be used to bind your corset edges and is even simpler to use than bias tape.
- Mother wore her new felt hat with the petersham ribbon around it and her light grey tweed two-piece costume that she had just bought for Easter.
early 19th century: named after Lord Petersham (1790–1851), English army officer.
More definitions of petershamDefinition of petersham in:
- The US English dictionary