- A type of embroidery on a canvas ground, consisting of small, diagonal, adjacent stitches: cushions covered in petit point [as modifier]: petit point chairsMore example sentences
- The stitchers display dazzling skill and finesse, creating textured surfaces of petit point, needlepoint, beading, embroidery, appliqué, smocking and macramé.
- ‘An interior drawer reveals a tiny, hand-made acorn, and the exterior has one panel embroidered in petit point and the rest in satin stitch,’ he said.
- Another type of chair which recurs has a square back and is covered in tapestry or petit point, with a pattern of flowers and leaves in green and buff.
late 19th century: from French, literally 'little stitch'.
More definitions of petit pointDefinition of petit point in:
- The US English dictionary