- A translucent jelly consisting of a mixture of hydrocarbons, used as a lubricant or ointment.More example sentences
- If the adhesive has already dried, the application of antibiotic ointment or petroleum jelly for 30 minutes will loosen the polymer for removal.
- Mild skin chafing will respond to drying talcum powders or lubricating ointments such as petroleum jelly, whereas more severe or ulcerating sores may require rest, sitz baths and appropriate ulcer management.
- Treat dry skin with a moisturizer that contains lipids - oils - like petroleum jelly.
More definitions of petroleum jellyDefinition of petroleum jelly in:
- The US English dictionary