noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Plastic surgery performed to construct, repair, or enlarge the penis.More example sentences
- In response, she reverted back to the male sex at once, taking masculinizing hormone shots and undergoing mastectomy and phalloplasty.
- Genital surgery for the female-to-male patient may include hysterectomy, salpingo-oophorectomy, vaginectomy, metoidioplasty, scrotoplasty, urethroplasty, placement of testicular prostheses, and phalloplasty.
- Phalloplasty and penile implants are outstanding pioneering procedures introduced in 1936 by the Russian surgeon Nikolaj A. Bogoraz.
late 19th century: from Greek phallos 'phallus' + -plasty.
More definitions of phalloplastyDefinition of phalloplasty in:
- The US English dictionary