A ruler in ancient Egypt: the time of the pharaohs [as name]: Pharaoh has rejected Moses' request
More example sentences
- According to most beliefs, pyramids were built with the help of great armies of slaves, by the ancient pharaohs of Egypt as tombs for preserving their royal bodies.
- Such iron was used in making the sacred crook of Osiris held by the pharaohs of Egypt.
- In dynastic Egypt, pharaohs celebrated the ‘Sed’ festival at Karnak in which the king was ritually killed and reborn, symbolising the replenishment of his energies.
- More example sentences
- In about 3100 B.C., Egypt was united under a ruler known as Mena, or Menes, who inaugurated the 30 pharaonic dynasties into which Egypt's ancient history is divided - the Old and the Middle Kingdoms and the New Empire.
- Priests were the main practitioners of magic in pharaonic Egypt, where they were seen as guardians of a secret knowledge given by the gods to humanity to ‘ward off the blows of fate’.
- Ancient Egyptians left behind a rich artistic heritage in the form of pyramids, pharaonic painting and sculpture, hieroglyphics, and architecture.
Definition of pharaoh in:
- The US English dictionary