Definition of pharmacokinetics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of pharmacology concerned with the movement of drugs within the body.
- Methadone's unique pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics make it a valuable option in the management of cancer pain and other chronic pain, including neuropathic pain states.
- For those who teach basic principles of medicinal chemistry, pharmacology or pharmacokinetics this book provides a valuable resource for examples and mechanisms of drug-drug interactions.
- As oral cephalosporins have poor pharmacokinetics it would seem that amoxicillin or amoxicillin-clavulanate should usually be the first choice for therapy.
- Example sentences
- Despite the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic differences among various beta blockers, they have similar clinical antihypertensive efficacy.
- Also, bronchodilators may demonstrate different pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic characteristics during an acute exacerbation of asthma.
- The newer fluoroquinolone antibiotics also have improved pharmacokinetic parameters compared with the original quinolones.
Definition of pharmacokinetics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan