verb[with object] Electronics
- Fix the frequency of (an oscillator or a laser) relative to a stable oscillator of lower frequency by a method that utilizes a correction signal derived from the phase difference generated by any shift in the frequency.More example sentences
- By integrating this source with a delay line and a broadband, grazing-incidence toroidal mirror, the researchers generated odd phase-locked harmonics of the laser frequency up to very high orders.
- They carry a single video channel and two audio channels, with channel selection by an I2C phase-locked loop programmable synthesiser.
- In this image, 114-s light pulses were used at a repetition frequency of 160 Hz. Pulses were phase-locked to the sinusoidal voltage command driving the loudspeaker that delivered the sound stimulation.
More definitions of phase-lockDefinition of phase-lock in:
- The US English dictionary