- A change in the phase of a waveform.More example sentences
- This is a quantum phenomenon in which the wavefunction of an electron acquires a phase shift as it follows a trajectory that encloses a magnetic flux (such as the path round the surface of a cylinder in a magnetic field).
- If the mirror is continuously moving (implying a velocity), then the phase shift measured by the interferometer will also be changing continuously.
- To calculate the effect of a lack of uniformity on a wavefront, we must both consider the movement of the reflecting surface from its ideal position and note any change in its phase shift on reflection.
More definitions of phase shiftDefinition of phase shift in:
- The US English dictionary