Definition of phaser in English:
1A device that alters a sound signal by phasing it.
- In the phase processing circuit 200, a phaser 214 varies the phase of the signal in accordance with its frequency, and a phase inverter 218 inverts the phase of the phase-varied signal by 90°.
- Phasers can be used to slightly modulate or heavily distort the signal spectrum.
- There was also a stereo drum loop, and the mix included six reverbs, four resonant filters, three phasers, two delays, two choruses, one EQ and MOTU's powerful MasterWorks multiband compression.
2(In science fiction) a weapon that delivers a beam that can stun or annihilate.
- From the phasers, transporters and warp engines of the original series to the plasma conduits and microfusion of the 24th Century, we boldly explore where Star Trek can go next.
- The usual phaser and Star Wars related sound effects are all present and accounted for and the soundtrack is pulled straight from the movie.
- ‘Directed-energy’ pulses can be throttled up or down depending on the situation, much like the phasers on ‘Star Trek’ could be set to kill or merely stun.
Definition of phaser in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan