- 1.1chiefly Physiology Occurring in phases rather than continuously: phasic and tonic stretch reflexesMore example sentences
- Presumably, this airway collapse is due to falling pharyngeal muscle tone as the phasic afferent breathing-associated neural drive to these muscles declines as a central apnea develops.
- Davidson has further emphasized that ‘affective chronometry’, or individual differences in tonic activation and phasic reactivity in this circuit, play an important role in governing different aspects of anxiety.
- In addition to several specific tasks concerning the components of tonic and phasic alertness and selective, divided, and sustained attention, we presented a working memory test.
More definitions of phasicDefinition of phasic in:
- The US English dictionary