noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic compound used as a painkilling and antipyretic drug.More example sentences
- I have seen several patients come to our emergency room over the years in acute renal failure induced by Ibuprofen, Motrin, Aspirin, phenacetin, and other anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Because of incidences of nephrotoxicity when taken over long periods, phenacetin is no longer available in the U.S. Found in two products.
- Abuse of combination analgesics containing phenacetin, antipyrine (phenazone) and caffeine have been associated with urinary tract tumors.
More definitions of phenacetinDefinition of phenacetin in:
- The US English dictionary