noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A red dye which is used as a pH indicator and (in medicine) injected in testing kidney function.More example sentences
- These oligonucleotides were diluted in sterile water with 0.02% phenol red for visualization purposes and 15 nl was injected into one- or two-cell stage wild-type embryos.
- The medium containing ALA and/or SA was removed, cells were washed I X with 0.9% NaCl, and 100 ILL of medium minus serum and phenol red were added.
- For UV irradiation, keratinocytes were washed twice with PBS and placed under a film of Hanks balanced salt solution without phenol red (GIBCO-BRL) to prevent UV absorption by the medium.
More definitions of phenol redDefinition of phenol red in:
- The US English dictionary