noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A synthetic crystalline compound used widely in the manufacture of dyes and other chemicals and as a photographic developer.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C6H4(NH2)2: three isomers
- To stain the nuclear DNA, 1 g/ml DAPI was added to mounting solution (1 mg/ml phenylenediamine, 50% glycerol).
- The tissues were washed in PBS and incubated in FITC-conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG for 2 hr and then washed in PBS and mounted in 90% glycerol containing 0.01% phenylenediamine.
- Nuclei were counterstained with 4 ’, 6-diamidino - 2-phenylindole at 1g/ml in a phenylenediamine antifade.