noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic compound related to adrenaline, used as a vasoconstrictor and nasal decongestant.More example sentences
- Endoscopy is performed after spraying the nose with a topical nasal vasoconstrictor such as phenylephrine (Neo-Synephrine) or oxymetazoline, and an analgesic such as pontocaine or lidocaine.
- The decongestants, such as phenylephrine, and pseudoephedrine, produce a narrowing of blood vessels.
- Nasal decongestants for example, oxymetazoline, xylometazoline, phenylephrine, ephedrine are applied directly to the inside of the nose.
More definitions of phenylephrineDefinition of phenylephrine in:
- The US English dictionary