- A person who likes or admires women.More example sentences
- So for the men the next time a woman accuses you of being a misogynist you can reply "Well, actually I'm a philogynist.
- For the human being, to my mind, is a thing of beauty in emotion, in mind and in body when given the freedom to let its imagination fly and, being a philogynist, to have this portrayed visually by women is most wonderful!
- More example sentences
- And in this issue of Diwan he is joined by the tempestuous genius William Blake and the German-French Lena Vandrey whose sophisticated philogyny is fascinating in its explosion of shapes and colours.
- Misogyny and philogyny are two sides of the same coin, to use a cliché. It is to Bukowski's credit that the women he describes are heterogeneous and non-interchangeable.
More definitions of philogynistDefinition of philogynist in:
- The US English dictionary