Definition of phimosis in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
A congenital narrowing of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be retracted.
- Circumcision will prevent several conditions that cause an accumulation of fluid and swelling around the foreskin and glans, as well as a problem known as phimosis, which is the inability to retract the foreskin.
- Paraphimosis must be distinguished from phimosis, a nonemergency condition in which the foreskin cannot be pulled back.
- If you have phimosis and you keep getting repeat attacks of balanitis, then circumcision (removal of the foreskin) may be considered.
- Example sentences
- This site discusses phimosis in its specific forms of phimotic ring, frenulum breve, adhesions or skinbridges.
- On an uncircumcized penis (only), a phimotic ring is a hardened, calloused or keratinized ring at the end (tip) of the foreskin.
Definition of phimosis in:
- US English dictionary