Definition of phishing in English:
The fraudulent practice of sending emails purporting to be from reputable companies in order to induce individuals to reveal personal information, such as passwords and credit card numbers, online.
- The modern era of phishing is exemplified by emails messages from Nigerians posing as business partners trying to move money out of the African country.
- The second issue I have is that the most common attacks today collect passwords through phishing.
- To avoid being a victim of phishing, never respond to e-mail requests for personal information, no matter how official the message looks.
- Example sentences
- The requirements were partially a reflection of the threat landscape of more than two years ago, which was dominated by phishers.
- Anyone operating on behalf of a known spammer or phisher would receive the same punishment.
- At first phishing consisted only of a social engineering scam in which phishers spammed consumer e-mail accounts with letters ostensibly from banks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia