(also phizog, fizzog /ˈfɪzɒg/)
nounBritish • informal
- A person’s face or expression: it was enough to paste his phiz on the cover of Time magazineMore example sentences
- I am forced to leave the magazine face downwards where her mighty fizzog can be safely forgotten for a few precious moments of sanctuary.
- It is 2014 and the Botox butchers have finally been outlawed - not before leaving their indelible mark on the phizogs of every Scot desperate enough to believe the hype.
- Or the wealthy, aging, American who desperately awaits the call to say that, thanks to a tragic accident in which a beautiful young women died, she can now check into the clinic to receive the phizog of her dreams.
late 17th century: abbreviation of physiognomy.
More definitions of PhizDefinition of phiz in:
- The US English dictionary