- A chemical bond of the kind joining successive sugar molecules in a polynucleotide.More example sentences
- DNA ligase and RNA ligase from the bacteriophage T4 catalyze the formation of the phosphodiester bond between two molecules of nucleic acid.
- Ribozymes are molecules of ribonucleic acid that catalyze reactions on the phosphodiester bond of other RNAs.
- Certain glycosylases also have abasic lyase activity, cleaving the phosphodiester bond adjacent to the abasic deoxyribose residue.
More definitions of phosphodiester bondDefinition of phosphodiester bond in:
- The US English dictionary