- An enzyme which hydrolyses phosphatidylcholine or a similar phospholipid.More example sentences
- UVC might lead to membrane perturbation resulting in activation of a phospholipase that releases linolenic acid, the precursor for oxylipin synthesis.
- A recent study indicated that ExoU is a member of the phospholipase A family of enzymes, possessing phospholipase A2 activity.
- Secretory phospholipase A 2 has been studied for many years as a model for the action of an enzyme at a lipid/water interface.
More definitions of phospholipaseDefinition of phospholipase in:
- The US English dictionary