- A salt or ester of phosphonic acid.More example sentences
- Scale can be controlled chemically using substances such as polyphosphates, phosphonates and various polymers.
- P esters and phosphonates are present in unchanging proportions throughout the ocean.
- Dr Kee believes the earliest forms of DNA / RNA could have been built from other phosphorus-containing molecules called phosphonates, because they are water-soluble and more reactive.
More definitions of phosphonateDefinition of phosphonate in:
- The US English dictionary