- Emit light or radiation by phosphorescence: we saw glow-worms phosphorescing at us from the dark of the brackenMore example sentences
- Researchers report that palladium atoms present at parts-per-million quantities in a polymer LED cause the material to phosphoresce.
- The crystals fluoresce and phosphoresce a weak pale yellowish-green in ultraviolet radiation.
- Some fluorescent materials, under the appropriate conditions, will also phosphoresce.
More definitions of phosphoresceDefinition of phosphoresce in:
- The US English dictionary